Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Working

 
 
Yesterday I woke up at 6:30 and prepared for a long day's work at the English barn. I worked from 7:30 till 4:30 with an hour break. I loved working and the people I worked with were so funny and nice! We had to feed all the horses breakfast and dinner, muck out stalls, sweep, sweep, sweep some more and rotate the horses. We rotated the horses by turning out 8 horses into their own dry lots and then we would come back an hour or so later and bring the horses in and take out the next 8 horses. Not everyone managed to get out :( Because of all the rain we are only allowed to put the horses in the dry lots and not the pastures. There are 13 dry lots and 8 pastures. The horses have their assigned pasture groups too. The horses at the English barn are humongous. Above are pictures of Pan and Peanut, they are both a cross with draft horses. Their heads were nearly half the length of my legs! They were ginormous!!! After working all day at the barn I cam back to campus got a quick dinner and then watched World War Z again with some of my friends that hadn't seen it yet and then from there I headed to bible study. I am exhausted! But I got to catch up on some sleep last night with getting a good 9 hours of sleep before I had to be up for class this morning.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment