Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Paintballing

On Sunday at brunch I called the place that we were hoping was open so that we could go paintballing and they said they were open. So we quickly got changed out of our church clothes and into some clothes we didn't care if they got paint on them. I was so excited!!! I was jumping around the cafeteria and our dorm room! Paige was driving, so Morgan, Kai and I all piled into Paige's car and prepared for a 45minute drive to the paintball place. We got to the address and the gates were closed. I called the place and asked them how to get to them and they asked where I was and I replied "in front of your gate in the driveway." To that they responded "well we didn't have enough players so we closed for the day." What?!?!?!? I had just called you 45 minutes ago and you were open and your hours say 11-5 on Sundays! So we turned around and drove our disappointed butts back to campus. So much for paintballing!:( Both Kai and I haven ever been paintballing so we were the most disappointed ones out of the four of us. We decided we would run off our sorrow and disappointment all the way to Dairy Queen and eat our sorrows away too.
 
Well I was not content and was determined to go paintballing. So I got my phone out and the list of paintballing places in Ohio and started calling. I was on try number 4 when a sweet and cheerful lady answered the phone and said that they were open from 2 till dark, they had everything we needed to play and so much more. Now all we needed was a ride. Logan said he wanted to go so I asked him and he was more than willing to take us. At 4:00 Kai, Morgan and I climbed into Logan's car and got ready for an hour and seven minute drive. We weren't not about to be disappointed again and waste all our time driving out there so I called the place again while we were still on campus. I was hesitant to call them as this would be the second time in less than 3 hours. The same lady answered the phone as I asked are you still open? She replied "are you the one that called earlier?"
In a timid voice "yeah"
lady "how long till you get here?"
Me: "One hour and seven minutes."

Lady "well we will be here expecting you then!"
Finally we arrived at the paintball place with no complications. The people came out to welcome us and invited us in asked if we wanted some hot chocolate, gave us some papers to sign and paid them. Then we were sent to sit around a fire as they got our guns and gear all ready for us.
 

I was super psyched!!


 
Kai and I 
 
Morgan and I just before our first game
 
We played on the fort course in the woods and then went to play some speedball. I did not care for speedball. As there was very little space and people so you were out there for at most a minute before you got shot. At the fort course, our first game, I was the second one out and had gotten hit on my wrist and my hip. That hurt!! Well got the first hit out of the way, now I know what it feels like.
At speedball I got hit at least 4 times on my butt and it hurt like crazy. The worst was when Kai hit me on the leg and I could see the paintballs coming as she went up and down my leg. OUCH!!!! I had such a great time and was glad we finally got to go!
 
 
We stopped to get gas before getting on the freeway because it was only $3.05; which is a lot cheaper than in Findlay. While we stopped we all got a little something to eat for the long drive back. I got a pint of ice cream and managed to eat it all by myself:)
 
 
Yesterday, Monday, one of the shots on my leg bruised kind of badly, hurt to touch it and I could feel the lump through my jeans.
 


This is the shot that was on my hip, the first very first time I got hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment