Thursday, October 3, 2013

New Horse

Apparently after every test we change horses for our riding class. Bummer! I really liked Jethro! Now my new partner and ride is Cowgirl. Cowgirl just came over from the English barn and was originally a dressage horse, so she feels a little different. Not to mention she is nearly a whole foot or two taller than Jethro. I went to put my foot in the stirrup to get on and I realized that this wasn't Jethro anymore, as I had to practically pull my knee to my chin. The girl who was riding her before me is really short, so if she could get on her then I should have no problem.

 
Because Cowgirl was originally an English horse, she responds really well to leg pressure. All the other horses I have ridden so far hardly respond to a kick! So yesterday when we were loping I apparently squeeze a little to much as we took off at way more than a slow lope! My teacher was yelling "slow down, take your leg off her!!"Other than that, she is a great horse.



No comments:

Post a Comment