Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Night Out

Last night Pastor Matt took six of us up to Toledo to a youth group/ worship service and we met some others there too. We started the night singing a few songs and then two pre-selected teams came up to play family feud. After the game the youth pastor came up to preach. The service ended with another song and around 9:00pm. Some of us were starving so they wanted to go and get some food. We decided to go to Applebees.
 


 
At Applebees we took up two tables. I was sitting next to Josiah and then Jake, Pastor Matt and Hannah sat across from me. Sitting behind me was Staci and Matt. Pastor Matt encouraged Josiah and I to have a competition and see how many straw wrappers we could put in Staci and Matt's hoods without them noticing. Very quickly we ran out of straw wrappers that were rolled into a ball and place in their hood that we resorted to using sugar packets that were unopened. I would turn to Josiah and say "can I have some sugar please?" as he would pass multiple sugar packets to me.
When we had gotten kind of low on sugar packets. Eventually, Josiah asked Pastor Matt "we should open the sugar packets and put just the sugar in their hoods." Being the person that I am I grabbed two spends packets and poured them into the Matt's hood. Pastor Matt, at the sight of me doing this, his jaw dropped and he covered his mouth. Just as I turned around Matt went to flip his hood up over his head and he felt all the sugar packets. Then he got some splenda in his mouth and replied "the only thing I can taste is spends." I was dying of laughter.

 
One time wasn't enough so I did it again with two more sugar packets and he did the same thing, but this time he emptied his hood all over my chair and back. After my food had gotten to our table I asked Josiah if I could have the salt...

 
as you may be able to guess I took that salt shaker and held it over Matt's hood and let it pour for a good 15 seconds. Pastor Matt says "okay I think that is enough salt." I turn around and face the table and my food and then I decide that wasn't enough and poured even more salt in Matt's hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment