Monday, October 14, 2013

Sunday Afternoon Adventure

Yesterday morning at church Pastor Will did a baby dedication. Just after the child was handed over to Pastor Will he started crying. The very second that he was handed back to his mother he instantly stopped crying. Everyone in the audience started laughing. I like the small congregation at Worship at Winebrenner, because during the service you can hear all the comments and remarks that are made...that can be good or bad.

After lunch Kai rode her bike while I ran all the way to Coldstone Creamery. Jayla was working from 1-6 so we were going to stop in and say hi and enjoy some delicious ice cream. Along our way to Coldstone Kai say this dead opossum on the side of the sidewalk. She and I were both curious so we ran back and got a little closer, but I am scared of dead animals so I only got this close. Kai was a few feet behind me and said "don't get too close, because it might not be dead. It might be playing dead. I heard that opossum's play dead." I told I knew they played dead, but the only thing going through my mind was I want to see if this is a female or male.


The only hard part of getting to Coldstone was crossing the on and off ramps for Interstate 75. I'm still alive so no worries. But I did find out that Kai has a phobia of bridges. When we got back to campus I went to the fitness center to workout and when I was done Pastor Matt, Hannah, Ashley, Tyler and Matt  were playing racket ball, so I watched for awhile.



When it was just Pastor Matt and Matt playing Pastor Matt never failed to but his butt in my face. So I took a picture...heeeeheeeheee:)







Hannah and Ashley and I were watching from outside.


On my way back to the dorm I passed Croy gymnasium that had the Alumni game going on. So went to the game and cheered on Kai's adviser with her.





The players varied in age from like mid 20s to 50s. Most of the alumni were surgeons or doctors.




Both the men and women's basketball teams were in attendance too. They have a scrimmage going on tonight that I am hoping to make it to.


No comments:

Post a Comment