Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Injections

At lunch they had watermelon that tasted AMAZING!!!!




The kittens at the barn are becoming quite the entertainment. When we were playing with them the kittens continually tried to attack our boots and would chase them around the whole stall. They gave us a great laugh! Sarah has her favorite kitten and so desperately wants to take it home. This little guy purrs like there's no tomorrow and if you set him down he pouts.

 
In class this week we are learning and practicing injections. Before we were let loose on our own Dr. Kerns gave us a demo.



Because all of the class was standing behind Dr. Kerns he had to crouch down and demonstrate the injection.



 

Even though I was nervous while watching Dr. Kerns, I was filled with excitement and could hardly contain my excitement. I guess I was mostly nervous, because I was going to actually be practicing on a real life animal and there wasn't exactly room for error.
I was the designated "drug dealer" of our group.

 
 We practiced two intramuscular injections; rump and neck injections, along with drawing blood. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I had the hardest time finding our horse's jugular vein. I am determined to get a full blood sample next class.


No comments:

Post a Comment