Thursday, October 10, 2013

Tech Support

In an earlier post I ranted about how annoying and frustrating my computer was. Well I finally couldn't take it any longer and went to tech support. I will never be doing that again! I walked to our ITS department and said that I was having trouble with my internet and that I thought I had a virus. The only thing they were able to help me with was resetting my home page which only stayed up for a day or two. They directed me to 3C's, another tech support center across the street, who could help me with my virus. 3C's didn't open for another hour and I wasn't going to walk all the way back to my dorm on the other side of campus so I chilled in the lobby of the Village for a while and went to a meeting. I finally made it to the 3C's office and walked in and had a conversation that went like this:
Can you help me with my computer, I'm pretty sure there is a virus on it. (I tried to show them what my computer was doing and what was wrong with it)
I'm sure that there is a virus on your computer, but we would have to look at it and then we could tell you for sure. You will have to pay us $20 though.
(In my mind) "Well thank you I think I have well figured it out by now that my computer has a virus! Go right ahead and look at it! Anything please!!! I'm about to kill this computer anyways."
Can you get rid of the virus too?
Yeah, we would look at the computer and call you and tell you what we found and if there is a virus we will ask you if you want us to proceed and get rid of the virus.
How long will that take you?
At least 4 days.
(In my mind) Excuse me!!! 4 days!!! I have to have my computer for homework, class and not to mention I need it for work, literally!
I think I will just keep my computer. Bye.

I will never go back there again.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment