Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Morning at the Farm

Got to see all the piglets in the nursery this morning. One pen was constantly fighting and wrestling with each other.
 

 
Got to the barn before the sun and it was cold.



 
Headed outside to give the calves their first bath




 
Blowing them dry



 
The dirtiest calf of them all! It was so hard getting the poop off of him. Almost all the poop that came off of the calves went right onto us. I have been smelling like cow poop all day! For this cow's tail I had to hold it and brush the manure out and as we sprayed it the manure melted and I was holding all the poop in my hand. Even better, I had to start pulling the manure clumps out by had, because they were stuck in the tail hair so bad.

 
The hand soap at the school is terrible. The soap may kill germs, but it does not get rid of the smell. So every time I put my hands near my nose I get a big whiff of cow manure.
 
Loved petting and looking into the dairy calve huts.
It's a chocolate milk cow!!


 





No comments:

Post a Comment