Friday, September 20, 2013

Drive to the Hangout

Got a ride with Ryan tonight to the hangout out at the President of the Seminary's house. We were both working the evening shift at the barn tonight so we were going late. I had forgotten to send the directions to my other email so I could get them outside of Wi-Fi, so we were direction less. Earlier in the afternoon I had looked up some directions on Google maps and the place was only 7 minutes away, no problem right?... Wrong! I opened up the map app on my IPod as I texted my roommate for the directions. Because I was out of Wi-Fi range I was only allowed to see a small quadrant of the map and I hoped that our destination and our location were within my view. I finally found the road that lead to west Bigelow Ave which was Broad St. Ryan said he knew where that was as he takes that road to get to WalMart. So we found broad street and kept driving until all of the sudden the road signs said that we were on Western Ave. There was no Western Ave on my map! Where were we?! Obviously we were lost and so we decided to turn around and back track and we ended up back at campus. We were driving in circles! I am bad luck apparently; getting lost on our run and now in Findlay at night in the rain, great! We finally decided to just go off the directions that Morgan had forwarded us from Pastor Matt. Just after 8:30pm we show up at the house. What was supposed to be a easy 7 minute drive had turned into a 35 minute tour of Findlay. We had apparently been driving in the completely opposite direction and were like 10 minutes outside of Findlay.

No comments:

Post a Comment