Friday, September 20, 2013

Afternoon Run

Went for an afternoon run with Kai today. It felt great!! The weather was hot and humid as it was supposed to rain all day, but it hadn't yet. Our route started out with heading down main street and running by all the shops. When all the stores had ended Kai said that she usually crosses main street and then heads back on the other side. I said lets go right and take some back roads and have an adventure! So we headed to the right and went until there were hardly any roads left to turn right onto. Eventually we turned right and started running, but all the roads we went on became dead ends, so we would hop from road to road trying to find our way back to campus. After searching for a while we found the railroad tracks and decided to take those back towards campus and we knew that they crossed main street at some point. We were on the railroad tracks for only a little bit before we came across this bridge. Now I'm terrified of water, or what's in it and dirty water especially and Kai cannot swim, you can imagine how we felt hoping from beam to beam with a clear view of the water below us. YIKES!
 
 
Yeah I ran across this and survived!

 
Finally, we saw familiar road signs and names and even campus in the distance! We weren't lost anymore!! You would think we were exhausted after getting lost and running for 45 minutes, but we headed to the cardio center to workout some more. The rain finally came and I realized that the distance from my dorm and the fitness complex is a lot longer when it's raining. I was soaked! My legs were so tired and could hardly run on the way back to the dorm. Probably adding to the fact that I got even more wet than I may have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment