Wednesday, August 14, 2013

On the Way to College

Just left this morning for college and will be moving in tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait! I think I might have over packed though, based on what the car looks like now, but I'm not sure. This is a photo of just my stuff and then we still had to fit mom, dad and Morgan's bags into the car, because they are staying until Friday morning. Lets just say we were a little crammed in the car:)
 
Friday will be the start of orientation and meeting everyone. I'm kind of nervous at not knowing anyone, but I guess that makes up for a great adventure and uncertainty. My goal is to meet as many people in these next few days; instead of hanging out with a few people and being quiet, nervous and scared. I could really use your prayers that my roommate and I get along well and that I meet some really cool people that will become great friends. Also, I am praying that I can get into the minor riding program at school, where I will be able to have a riding class two times a week. I would really love to have this opportunity to grow in my riding skills, but also to have a class that is relaxing and physically demanding instead of constant thinking and calculating. I will keep you posted as to whether I get in or not, but would love for your prayers for God to open the door for this opportunity, along with the courage to step out of my comfort zone and to find and lead me to some great, empowering and fun people. Thank you so much and I will keep you posted in the coming days as much as I can.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Madison,
    It looks like it was a cramped ride out to Findlay. We can't wait to hear how things are going, it was a great idea to set up this blog so we can keep up with what's going on.
    Your thoughts of meeting as many people as you can during orientation is a great idea, you don't want to limit your friends to just the ones in your major or classes.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Give us a call anytime for any reason, we will always be here for you! Have a great time and enjoy this fantastic new chapter of your life!
    Love, Andy, Nancy, Hayden and Cooper

    ReplyDelete