Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Food Hates Me!

Last night before lab I had went to get an early dinner and late lunch, but when I got back I was really hungry and the dining hall had already closed. So I thought I might have some cereal, but then remembered the watermelon in the fridge and got all excited. As I took off the wrapping on the watermelon I didn't smell that delicious, mouth watering smell of watermelon, so I took a really whiff and it smelled disgusting. I looked the watermelon over and saw all these white dots on it and realized it had molded. I didn't know watermelons could rot from the inside within a day or two? So watermelon was out, now there were nectarines in the fridge, but were all really squishy and I hate squishy. Next I went for the fresh garden salad in the fridge and ranch dressing. As I poured the ranch dressing onto the salad I realized it was yellow. Ranch dressing is supposed to be white right? So I took a bite and thought "what can a little bad ranch dressing do," apparently it can do a lot. I spat that salad out in a heart beat and was so mad and disgusted. Great, no food! My only option left was cereal. My roommate turns to me and says "you sure the milk isn't spoiled?" If that milk was spoiled then I was going to scream!! I went and got the milk out of the fridge and gave it a good sniff and the milk still smelled fresh. After all that disappointment I ended up right where I should have started, my bowl of shredded mini-wheats and nice cold milk.



 
I thought all this was over, but apparently not. This morning as I was getting breakfast I decided to have some toast. As I went to get some bread, all the bread was covered in mold and I mean covered. Luckily enough I found 2 clean slices and put them in the toaster. The toaster didn't toast the toast so I only had a jelly sandwich, gross! And yet again I was left with cereal as my only option left:( I hope this doesn't keep happening because I'm going to be one unhappy college student that is dying of starvation!

No comments:

Post a Comment