Saturday, August 17, 2013

First Blonde Moment at School

Good afternoon everyone!! I finally have a break from orientation. There is so much that has happened in the last few days. The funniest thing that has happened was just the other day, I will try to tell the story to the best of my abilities.

             So at check-in we got our room keys and assignments and there were two keys in the little envelope. I came to my room unlocked the door and left the other key in the envelope. Later that night when I was coming back from shopping I went to go open the entrance door to our dorm building and the door wouldn't unlock and my key wouldn't even move. I resorted to going to the front door and trying the key there and when I go there someone else had just unlocked the door so I didn't have to use my key. Sweet!!

             Next morning after breakfast I tried my key again in the door and it wouldn't budge. What is wrong with my key and this door???!!! Then all of a sudden someone comes and pushes the door open and she apologizes and I say 'Don't; thank you for letting me in.' At lunch that afternoon I was telling my roommate that I couldn't get in the dorm building door and that I thought my key was broken. She replied saying that the other key was for the outside/ building lock and the other was for our dorm. WHOOPS! I told her that I better stay with her then so that I could get back into the dorm building and get my key; which I thought was in my safe in the closet.

              When we left lunch though we went our separate ways, because she had a meeting at a different time as I did so I didn't have a key to get in. As a result, I stood outside of the door and realized there was cell reception so I decided to stand there and reply to emails while I wait for someone to come out of the dorm building.

                    The second I got to the dorm room I went looking for that key in the safe, but it wasn't there. I couldn't have lost it already? I looked in my bag, on my desk, in my drawers and then in my wallet. Sure enough there in my wallet was the dorm building key; the second key, and the wallet had been in my drawstring bag, which was with me the whole time. Of course!

                    Now I know that the extra key is not really an extra, but the dorm building key.

No comments:

Post a Comment