Saturday, January 18, 2014

At the Barn

Cassie and Karla gave me sheep throwing lessons for my animal handling class. Lets just say that I don't like sheep.

Guess who I found? Here's Chloe, heifer number 17z from the show cattle team. She is headed to Denver, CO tomorrow to be shown and sold.

On our way down to the other end of the barn we passed our newly acquired alpacas and llamas.

We stopped and visited Cassie's bull from Louisville that she showed. He came up to here and would try to eat her hair, lick her and loved the attention. He was so much bigger than before. You could hardly recognize him!



I love the little dairy calves the best though. We are not allowed to touch them because of the possibility of contracting crypto. So we have to take extreme precaution around them. If we touch them then we shouldn't touch anything else of anyone else, just wash our hands really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment