Sunday, November 24, 2013

Show Morning

Look at that time!!
3:51 am and we are all packed back up into the vans to head to the barn. I am so a morning person! I woke up at 3:00 am and was wide awake, more than I am at 6. I walked down stairs and joined everyone in the lobby and they were like you're smiley this morning. Yep I am I am wide awake and can carry on a conversation and remember everything. They all replied, "don't try it with us."



North American International Livestock Exposition 
Our spot in the barn

Had to go get the cattle from outside. They were tied up outside in this big partially fenced area that had fencing to tie the cattle to. There were tons of cows!!!



After bringing them all in they got fed and then the washing and blowing started. First we blew all the hay off and then sent all of them to the wash stalls to get soaped and rinsed. 


There was a Belted Galloway at the spot just across from us that was from Maine. I instantly thought of the Barretts.

One of the biggest bulls I saw there! His head had to be at least the size of my torso. 


Drying all the cattle 

No comments:

Post a Comment