Thursday, February 12, 2015

Shadowing

Yesterday morning I got to spend a good time at Blanchard Valley Veterinary Clinic as I got to watch a few neuters, spays and teeth extractions and cleanings. With the one feline spay we had her uterin horns were rather large, but it didn't look like she was pregnant so we believe she was just going into heat. Once the uterin horns and ovaries were removed I got to take my own scalpel to them to see what the inside stucture looked like. It was really cool, but very small and hard to see. It would have been cool to probably see them under a microscope. Our only K9 neuter of the day was on a 5 year old afghan hound. His testes were huge and after the neuter he needed his teeth cleaned and anal glands expressed. The tech that was expressing the anal glands came over and showed us what she had gotten out of one of them. Let's say that they really needed to be expressed as at least a tablespoon of brown piss colored stuff came out and came out like a snake. It was disgusting, but cool at the sametime. I left right after that so I didn't have to smell the nasty smell, but I'm sure it smelled terrible. 

On another good note; my bruises are coming in nicely. They feel a lot better, but still hurt to apply too much pressure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment