Saturday, February 7, 2015

Finally Friday

Turned in my letter of intent for reslife and I am officially not coming back next year!
After a long week and day Julie and I hit the slopes at Mad River Mountsin. There were so many findlay people there and people from Ohio state. It was a ton of fun 
Since the hills of Ohio are like New York sledding hills Julie and I decided to be adventurous and try snowboarding. Neither of us have ever been snowboarding so, it was bound to be interesting. I drew the short straw and was nominated to go snowboarding first and we weren't starting on the bunny hill. The first time ever on a snowboard and I'm riding the chair lift up to the big hills. We got on the chair lift and were sitting with two guys with snowboards on and I turned to them and asked "so any tips on how I snowboard?" They looked at me in shock and asked have you ever snowboarded before and I replied "nope just put it on before getting on the chair lift." They seriously thought I was crazy and said so right to me and kind of gave me some tips. 
The first run down was rough with a face plant, somersaults and several wipeouts. I was great at getting down the hill backwards, as I faced up the hill. On my second or third run down there were jumps on one side of the trail and I managed to steer myself on to part of it and went flying and flipped in mid air. That was the worst. My knees took all the damage as I used them as my breaks as I faced up the hill. This is them once we got back; a little red and purple already and already are sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment