Sunday, August 24, 2014

First Night of Duty

Went to a wilderness club event the other day and had to do different activities to win tickets that would be put into a raffle. There was trivia on the most deadly spiders, ice fishing in the Tundra, filtering water in the Rainforest, matching insects in the desert and more. The easiest way to get tickets wast o eat a chocolate covered maggot or cricket. It may sound bad and look bad, but it really just tasted like chocolate.

Later that night I had duty and hiked all the way across campus with a watermelon in my arms. Everyone was asking what it was for and gave me funny looks. Spencer, the RD of the building I was on duty in, said that he had a machete that I could use to cut the watermelon, because all I had was a short 3 inch knife. The machete ended up being a saw and worked kind of well at cutting up the watermelon.  

My first night of duty was a little rough. Just as my first round came up the weather decided to down pour and I mean down pour for a good hour. Within the first 2 minutes I was completely soaked and it was only the first round out of three. The weather got better as the night went on, still wet, drizzling and a lot of thunder and lightning.

No comments:

Post a Comment