Saturday, September 20, 2014

Canoeing on the Blanchard

Last Sunday I went canoeing with ResLife on the Blanchard River. The Blanchard River is the river known in Findlay to flood and I now know why, because it is like 2 feet deep for most of it and then 12 feet in some spots. Not a lot of room to not flood.

 Katie Poorman and I went kayaking and had a great time catching up and trying our best to stay dry and not flip. Both her and I do not like the water. I thought I was going to do really good and not freak out but that went down hill real fast after sitting in the kayak for not even 2 feet. There was a little spider by my hand and I said to myself "oh I can deal with you and flipped it into the water," but just as I flipped the small spider into the water I looked down and there right next to my leg and butt was a huge spider! It was about the size of a half dollar. I screamed, got my paddle and was trying to smoosh the spider, but the paddle couldn't get it and so then the spider crawled under my seat. I didn't see it again and I was praying so hard that I wouldn't. On the bright side, I survived:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment